Transformers: Age of Extinction (2014)
Thursday 2nd October 2014
Directed by Michael Bay and produced by Steven Spielberg, the Transformers: Age of Extinction, the fourth instalment of the sci-fi action adventure series based on the 1980s cartoons, is released on 3D Blu-ray, Blu-ray and DVD on 17th November 2014, courtesy of Paramount Home Entertainment.
Four years after the invasion of Chicago, mechanic and single parent Cade Yeager (Mark Wahlberg) discovers what he believes to be a dilapidated truck and takes it home to repair. What he really has resting in his garage is a deactivated Optimus Prime (voiced by Peter Cullen). When government officials learn of the discovery they try to push humanitarian boundaries in the name of scientific development.
The Transformers: Age of Extinction Blu-ray features more than three hours of illuminating bonus content. From selecting fierce new cars and designing new Transformers characters to constructing elaborately detailed sets, this comprehensive footage truly takes viewers inside the fun, hard work and excitement of making an electrifying global blockbuster film. Also included is an in-depth interview with Michael Bay about his approach to the film's jaw-dropping action sequences, a crash course on the "Bayhem" of being on set for the massive, global production, a revealing look at the design process inside Hasbro Headquarters, and more.
- Bay On Action-In-depth interview with Michael Bay about his vision and approach to the film's mind-blowing action sequences
- Generation 2-A look at where the fourth film picks up as we meet new faces-both man and machine-and a Transformers world after the Battle of Chicago
- Drive Like Hell-Two entirely re-envisioned models of Optimus Prime and Bumblebee appear in the film, along with an intimidating new nemesis, Lockdown, as a Lamborghini Aventador plus other incredibly cool cars including a sophisticated Bugatti Veyron and a sleek Pagani Huayra. Check them out and see how actor Jack Reynor learned how to drive his Sonic rally car for the intense chase sequences
- Small Town, Big Movie- When Transformers rolls into some small Texas towns, the normally quiet and picturesque countryside is suddenly alight with explosive action. Explore the different locations with members of the show's art department and hear from robotics students whose designs appear as part of Cade's lab
- Shadow Protocol Activated- Follow the production to Detroit with unprecedented access to GM's Lansing plant and Milford Proving Grounds test track; watch an impressive indoor car chase created in an auto parts factory; return to Chicago where location managers discovered a historical movie theater that served as the backdrop for Cade's fateful first encounter with Optimus Prime; and finally travel to Washington state and the unlikely site of a never-used nuclear power plant
- The Last Stand-A vacant lot in downtown Detroit is turned into a square block of Hong Kong. Watch as it literally takes shape from the ground up-then marvel as the crew blows it up piece by piece
- The People's Republic- China plays an extremely prominent role in the film both on-screen and behind-the-scenes; in fact, four Chinese actors were chosen from thousands of applicants on a reality TV show to appear in the movie. In addition, the production travelled to Hong Kong, the beautiful valley of Wulong Karst National Park in Chongqing and the Great Wall in Beijing to capture breathtaking footage
- Rise of the Dinobots - Several new Transformers characters make their live-action debut in this film. Get a brief history of the new recruits and then go inside Industrial Light & Magic to see how they were designed and conceptualized for the film
- The Finishing Touch- Watch Michael Bay work like you've never seen him before. The director connects virtually with his Santa Monica headquarters, visits the editing bay and then checks in on the visual effects house in San Francisco-all from the comfort of his Miami home office. Also, get an in-depth look at the music contributions of Imagine Dragons as they collaborate with the film's composer Steve Jablonsky. Finally, get exclusive red carpet access to the film's world premiere in Hong Kong
- Just Another Giant Effin' Movie-Discover the fun, frenetic and amazing way a movie like Transformers: Age of Extinction gets made
- A Spark of Design- Enjoy an exclusive look inside Hasbro's creation of Transformers: Age of Extinction Stomp and Chomp Grimlock action figure from concept and development to sculpting and painting, and then ultimately to the assembly line
- T.J. Miller: Farm Hippie - Actor/comedian T.J. Miller never imagined he'd be part of a massively successful franchise like Transformers so he sets off to personally thank the people who made it possible. Come along as he visits Bay Films, gets some pointers from Kelsey Grammer, and even stops by Mark Wahlberg's house in this funny piece
- KRE-O Transformers: Take Us Through the Movies! - Optimus Prime will bring you up to speed on all of the Transformers movies one by one in this hilarious, animated short where the Transformers KREON figures act out the movies while building and rebuilding each scene.brick by brick
- The Angry Birds Transformers: Origin Story - Bonus content tells the origin story of how the EggSpark has landed on Piggy Island causing the eggs on the island to turn into evil Egg-bots, wreaking havoc across the whole island. The EggSpark has also caused the Birds and Pigs to turn into Autobots and Deceptihogs, who must team up in order to stop the Egg-bots before it's too late!
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.