Sunday 2nd June 2013
Own the moment in time that changed the course of history forever. The most important film of the year, Lincoln, from acclaimed Oscar®-winning director Steven Spielberg and DreamWorks Pictures will be available to own on high-definition Blu-ray, DVD and Digital HD from 10th June 2013 from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment. With 12 Oscar® nominations including a Best Actor win for Daniel Day-Lewis, Lincoln is this year's must-own motion picture.
Daniel Day-Lewis, as America's 16th president, leads an all-star cast including Academy Award® winners Tommy Lee Jones and Sally Field. Also starring David Strathairn, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and James Spader, Lincoln is based on a screenplay written by Pulitzer Prize-winner Tony Kushner. The film is scored by multiple Oscar-winner John Williams.
Inspired by the true-life events confronting Abraham Lincoln and his monumental moral and political challenge to amend the United States Constitution to permanently abolish slavery, Lincoln is a rich and compelling historical and human drama.
In-depth special features take viewers behind-the-scenes of director Steven Spielberg's life-long fascination with Lincoln and the 12 years it took to bring the story of one of history's and mankind's greatest triumphs to the screen.
Blu-ray Disc Special Features
- The Journey To Lincoln-Steven Spielberg and his collaborators discuss the challenges and excitement of bringing this story of a complex and very human president to the screen
- A Historic Tapestry: Richmond, Virginia-Steven Spielberg and team discuss the historical significance of Richmond, Virginia and why they chose to shoot the film there
- In The Company Of Character-Delve into Daniel Day-Lewis' portrayal of Lincoln and discover the authenticity and openness created by the actors and filmmakers on set
- Crafting The Past-Examine the re-creation of Lincoln's era through authentic period details in production design, costume and makeup
- Living With Lincoln-Follow Steven Spielberg, the cast and crew through the shooting of the film, from the battle at Jenkins' Ferry, through the epic 13th Amendment showdown in the House of Representatives, to Lincoln's tragic end
- In Lincoln's Footsteps-Explore the film's editing, sound design and the subtle yet poignant musical score by John Williams and discover how relevant and inspiring Lincoln still is today
- The Journey to Lincoln
- Crafting the Past
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.